New features, enhancements and bug fixes for this release:
- C++ Arbitrary Precision Fixed-Point Library
- Users can now express their computations in fixed-point, which can significantly reduce resource usage and improve speed compared to floating-point computations
- An FIR Filter example which makes use of the arbitrary fixed-point library is included with the LegUp installation and can be found in the LegUp GUI
- Added support for generic multiplier IP to utilize internal registers in DSP blocks for improved Fmax
- LegUp supports multiple FPGA vendors, but we found that some FPGA synthesis tools were not able to properly utilize the internal DSP registers with the previously generated Verilog style
- The new generic multiplier IP can utilize the internal registers properly, which can lead to significantly improved Fmax. Please refer to the user guide on how this can be used.
- Improve error message handling for generating AXI interfaces
LegUp 7.4 comes with a 30-day free trial period so that you can try out the tool. Please note that during the trial period, you may only use LegUp for evaluation purposes, and the generated hardware cannot be used in a commercial product. To purchase a full license, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.